Life insurance and Rock Climbing
Whether you enjoy a day out trad climbing at Stanage Edge, an evening bouldering at your local indoor climbing or multi-day epic ascents then we are here to help. We help provide peace of mind with cover options for Life Insurance, Income Protection and Critical Illness Cover suitable for you and your climbing needs.
At Summit Financial Services we know the needs of rock climbers vary depending on experience or climbing style (trad, sport, bouldering, DWS, aid climbing, alpine rock, and more….). It does not matter if you are a novice, a professional mountain guide, a social climber at a climbing wall or a multipitch trad enthusiast – just give us a call or click the button above to enquire online.
We can provide rock climbers with cover for their sport and for many other sporting interests (e.g. canoeing, skiing, cycling and many more – just let us know and we’ll be happy to provide you with a quote).
As a quick guide, if you are looking for a lump sum of cash to be paid following an accident or natural death then you may want to consider speaking to us about Life Insurance. Alternatively, if you are concerned that a rock climbing accident may leave you unable to work then an Income Protection policy may be another consideration for you to chat to us about. In addition, you may also want to chat to us about Critical Illness Cover and the benefits it could provide to you and your family.
Rock climbing and Life Insurance
If you are you concerned about providing for a family or paying your bills should an accident or injury (or worse) happen whilst rock climbing then contact us today.
Because we specialise in rock climbing you can speak to us about different climbing and climbing related activities, for example:
- Aid climbing
- Alpine rock climbing
- Competition climbing
- Deep water soloing
- Multi pitch trad
- Single pitch
- Sport climbing
Don’t worry if you require cover for other sports, just give us a call to discuss the options available for you, your climbing and any other sports in which you participate.
Rock climbing insurance company
Because we specialise in rock climbing you have access to a team of people at Summit Financial Services who have a long history of providing cover for rock climbers and mountaineers.
Life Insurance company for your rock climbing
At Summit Financial Services we will be happy to speak to you about many types of cover for your rock climbing, such as:
- Rock climbing Life Insurance cover
- Rock climbing Mortgage Protection cover
- Critical Illness Cover for rock climbers
- Income Protection for rock climbers
In addition, we are aware that many rock climbers maintain a healthy lifestyle to keep fit for their sport. If you keep up a healthy lifestyle and regular fitness plan, you may be interested in speaking to us about policies that reward you for keeping fit and healthy (via a fitness tracker).
Rock climbing Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover and Income Protection Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any queries about cover for rock climbing then please call our number below to discover the best deal we can offer you for your rock climbing activities.
We will be happy to discuss a range of rock climbing related questions, such as:
- Are there any premium loadings for my rock climbing activities?
- Can I obtain Life Insurance for my rock climbing?
- Is Critical Illness Cover available my style of rock climbing?
- Can I obtain Income Protection with my choice of rock climbing activities?
- As a rock climber can I get Health Insurance or Private Medical Insurance?
What is the process to enquire about Life Insurance, Income Protection or Critical Illness cover for rock climbers?
If you enquire about cover for rock climbing with us then we will take into consideration a number of factors that relate to you and your rock climbing.
As with any application for financial protection it is important that you declare your work, lifestyle, medical and rock climbing questions completely.
Typical life and lifestyle questions, that relate to your enquiry for rock climbing cover, may include your:
- Health history & lifestyle (for example, any smoking or alcohol consumption)
- Height (ft/cm)
- Weight (lb/kg)
- Current health conditions
We’ll also discuss some lifestyle and climbing related questions such as:
- Your current occupation
- Your type of climbing
- Your rock climbing grade
- Any other types of climbing (e.g. ice climbing)
- Location of climbing activities (e.g. UK and/or international)
- British Mountaineering Council, Mountaineering Scotland, Mountaineering Ireland membership
- Any participation in climbing competitions
- Current income (for Income Protection enquiries)
As part of your enquiry for cover for your rock climbing, we will also discuss the amount of cover you require and the duration of the cover you would like, including:
- The amount of financial protection you require (£ GBP)
- The duration of the policy you require (number of years)
- The type of policy you require (e.g. decreasing or level term)
Your recreational and occupational information, such as that detailed above, will help determine the premium you have to pay for your cover for your climbing activities.
Life Insurance, Income Protection and Critical Insurance cost – specialist insurance information for rock climbers
Even if you have financial protection in place elsewhere for your rock climbing, we will be happy to hear from you, even if only to provide you with peace of mind that cover and premiums are comparable with current market products.
Business protection for rock climbers
If you operate a Limited Company or operate at Director level then you may want to chat about cover for you and your rock climbing, for example:
- Key Person insurance for rock climbers
- Relevant Life insurance for rock climbers
- Shareholder Protection for rock climbers
How to make an enquiry for rock climbing cover
At Summit Financial Services we pride ourselves on providing rock climbers with:
- Personal and confidential advice
- Experienced advisers in rock climbing and other extreme sports
- Personal service and a quick response to your rock climbing questions
- A Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorised company
- Easy application process conducted around your lifestyle
If you have any questions about cover for rock climbing or would like to find out more about the benefits of cover for other sports activities then speak to an experienced sports adviser at Summit Financial Services today on 0345 565 0937, or to enquire online about cover, please click the link above.
As a hazardous sport, extreme sport and adventure sport specialists we exist to help those who enjoy sports to find cover that is suitable for their needs.