1. THE FINANCIAL CONDUCT AUTHORITY (FCA)
The FCA is the independent watchdog that regulates financial services. It requires us to give you this document. Use this information to decide if our services are right for you.
2. WHOSE PRODUCTS DO WE OFFER?M
- We offer products from a range of insurers for Term Assurance, Critical Illness cover and Income Protection Insurance.
- We only offer products from a limited number of insurers for Term Assurance, Critical Illness cover and Income Protection Insurance. Ask us for a list of the insurers we offer insurance from.
- We only offer the products from a single insurer for Term Assurance and Critical Illness cover.
3. WHICH SERVICE WILL WE PROVIDE YOU WITH?
- We will advise and make a recommendation for you after we have assessed your needs for Term Assurance, Critical Illness cover and Income Protection Insurance.
- You will not receive advice or a recommendation from us for Term Assurance, Critical Illness cover and Income Protection Insurance. We may ask some questions to narrow down the selection of products that we will provide details on. You will then need to make your own choice about how to proceed.
4. WHAT WILL YOU HAVE TO PAY US FOR THIS SERVICE?
- A fee.
- No fee for Term Assurance, Critical Illness cover and Income Protection Insurance.
No fee for Term Assurance, Critical Illness cover and Income Protection Insurance. In respect of any regular premium policy which we have arranged for you, should you subsequently cease to pay premiums on the policy and in consequence we are obliged to refund the commission that has been paid to us, we reserve the right to charge you a fee representing the amount we have to repay, for a period of up to four years after commencement of the policy. We will confirm the exact amount that will need to be repaid by you and the timescale over which it will need to be repaid in the suitability report we will send you when a recommendation is made. We will not charge any such fee if you exercise your right to cancel in accordance with any cancellation notice sent to you by the life insurance company.
You will receive a quotation which will tell you about any other fees relating to any particular insurance policy.
5. WHO REGULATES US?
Summit Financial Services is a trading style of Sports Financial Services Ltd which is an appointed representative of Suttons Independent Financial Advisers Ltd , 114 Northenden Road, Sale Moor, Manchester, M33 3HD which are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our FCA Register number is 455848.
Our permitted business is advising on and arranging non-investment insurance contracts.
You can check this on the FCA’s Register by visiting the FCA’s website or by contacting the FCA on 0845 606 1234.
6. WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT
If you wish to register a complaint, please contact us:
Write to The Compliance Manager:
Summit Financial Services,
114 Northenden Road
0345 565 0937
If you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
7. ARE WE COVERED BY THE FINANCIAL SERVICES COMPENSATION SCHEME (FSCS)?
We are covered by the FSCS. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim.
Long-term Insurance (e.g. Life Assurance)
The maximum level of compensation for claims against firms declared in default is 90% of the claim with no upper limit.
Further information about the compensation scheme arrangements is available from the FSCS.