Life Insurance and climbing wall users
Whether you are training to improve your climbing skills, climbing fitness, climbing grade or simply using a climbing wall as a weekly social meet-up or climbing gym then Summit Financial Services is here to help find cover for cover for Life Insurance, Income Protection and Critical Illness Cover.
Summit Financial Services was established over 20 years ago to provide cover for climbers, hill walkers and mountaineers. When you enquire for cover with Summit Financial Services you have access to a same great team of experienced climbing advisers.
As a quick summary, if you are looking for a lump sum to be paid following an accident or natural death then you may want to consider discussing Life Insurance with us. Alternatively, if you are concerned that an accident, whilst participating climbing, may leave you unable to work for a while then an Income Protection policy may be another option that you may want to discuss with us. In addition, you may also want to chat to us about Critical Illness Cover which could help to support you and your loved ones financially if you are diagnosed with a specific medical condition.
Climbing at a climbing wall and Life Insurance
If you are you concerned about financial peace of mind should an accident or injury (or worse) happen whilst indoor rock climbing at a climbing wall or climbing centre then contact us today.
With our experience of climbing and mountaineering we are happy to discuss the specifics of your climbing indoors (e.g. top roping, leading or bouldering) and any climbing you do outdoors (e.g. trad, sport, bouldering, DWS, Via Ferrata).
In addition, you can talk to us about cover for a wide range of other extreme outdoor sports, for example:
- Adventure racing
- Adventure cycling
- Cycling (road, cross county, mountain biking)
- Canoeing & kayaking (e.g. white water, surf, sea)
- Canyoning & coasteering
- Gliding & hang gliding
- Mountaineering (e.g. Alpine climbing, Greater Ranges)
- Paddle boarding
- Rock climbing & rock sports (e.g. trad, bouldering, sport, deep water soloing)
- Sailing & yachting
- Scuba diving
- Skiing, ski touring & ski mountaineering
- Ultra-distance running
And don’t worry if participate in other extreme sports that are not listed above – just give us a call to discuss your needs with an experienced sport adviser.
Rock climbing insurance company
A number of financial protection options are available for those who enjoy rock climbing and want to provide for loved ones, cover mortgage payments or bills should an accident (or worse) happen.
Each enquiry is handled by an individual specialist adviser at Summit Financial Services and they will discuss your cover options in relation to you and your specific climbing activities.
Life Insurance company for rock climbers
You can speak to Summit Financial Services about many types of cover for climbers, such as:
- Rock climbing and Life Insurance
- Rock climbing and Mortgage Protection
- Critical Illness Cover and rock climbers
- Income Protection and rock climbers
Many climbers tend to keep a healthy lifestyle to remain fit to rock climb. If you maintain a healthy lifestyle and regular fitness plan, you can also speak to us about policies that reward you for keeping fit and healthy.
Rock climbing – Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover and Income Protection FAQs
If you have any specific questions about cover for your rock climbing then please call our number below to discover the best deal we can offer you for your climbing activities.
We are happy to discuss a range of questions, such as:
- Are there any premium loadings for my specific climbing activities?
- Can I obtain Life Insurance given my rock climbing activities?
- Is Critical Illness Cover available for rock climbers?
- Can I obtain Income Protection for my rock climbing?
- As a rock climber, can I get Health Insurance or Private Medical Insurance?
How do I enquire about Life Insurance, Income Protection or Critical Illness cover for rock climbers?
If you enquire about cover for rock climbing with Summit Financial Services, then we will take into consideration a number of factors relating to you, your lifestyle and your climbing.
As with any application for financial protection for rock climbers it is important that you declare your work, lifestyle, medical, rock climbing and other questions completely.
Typical life and lifestyle questions, that relate to your enquiry for climbing cover, may include your:
- Health history & lifestyle (e.g. any smoking or alcohol consumption)
- Height (ft/cm)
- Weight (lb/kg)
- Health conditions
Your life and climbing related questions will vary depending on your particular climbing activities but could include (where relevant) your:
- Current occupation
- Type of rock climbing (e.g. leading, top roping, bouldering, trad, DWS, sport)
- Other types of climbing (e.g. Ice climbing, Scottish Winter, Alpine, Greater Ranges)
- Maximum climbing altitude
- Location of climbing activities (e.g. UK and/or international)
- Climbing grade
- Sport Governing Body membership (British Mountaineering Council, Mountaineering Scotland or Mountaineering Council of Ireland)
- Participation in competitions
- Current income (for an Income Protection enquiry)
As part of your enquiry for cover for rock climbing, we will also discuss the amount of cover you require and the duration of the cover you would like, including:
- The amount (£ GBP) of financial protection you require
- The time duration of the policy you require (years)
- The type of policy (e.g. decreasing or level term) you require
Your lifestyle, recreational and occupational information, such as that detailed above, will help determine the premium you will pay for your cover for you and your climbing activities.
Life Insurance, Income Protection and Critical Insurance cost – specialist insurance information for rock climbers
Even if you have a policy in place elsewhere for your rock climbing, we will still be happy to hear from you, even if only to provide you with the peace of mind that cover and premiums are comparable with current market products for rock climbers.
Business protection for rock climbers
If you operate a Limited Company or operate at Director level then you may want to consider speaking to Summit Financial Services about cover options for Key Person insurance, Relevant Life insurance or Shareholder Protection cover for rock climbers.
Rock climbing: how to make an enquiry about financial protection
At Summit Financial Services we pride ourselves on providing rock climbers with:
- Personal and confidential advice
- Experienced advisers in different types of climbing
- Personal service and a quick response to your rock climbing questions
- A Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorised company
- Easy application process conducted around your lifestyle
If you would like to find out more about the benefits of cover for a whole range of rock climbing and extreme sports activities then speak to an experienced sports adviser at Summit Financial Services today on 0345 565 0937, or to enquire online about cover, please click the link above.
As a hazardous sport, extreme sport and adventure sport specialists we exist to help climbers to find cover that is suitable for their climbing needs.