Life insurance and Climbing in the Alps
If you are feeling the call of Chamonix (or other Alpine destinations) then we are here to help provide peace of mind with expert help to find Life Insurance, Income Protection and Critical Illness Cover suitable for you and your Alpine climbing and mountaineering aspirations.
At Summit Financial Services we understand the needs of climbers and mountaineers. Whether you are a new Alpine climber getting to grips with new skills (like crevasse rescue), a seasoned mountaineer adding to your tick list or you are a professional mountain guide then please give us a call to discuss your needs or click the button above to enquire online.
Through time many climbers have also approached us for cover for their many other sporting interests (e.g. canoeing/kayaking, skiing, cycling, and more….) and we are always happy to help – just give us a call to discuss your needs.
As a quick guide for climbers and mountaineers, if you are looking for a lump sum of cash to be paid following an accident or natural death then you may want to consider speaking to us about Life Insurance. Alternatively, if you are concerned that a climbing or mountaineering accident may leave you unable to work then an Income Protection policy may be another consideration for you. In addition, you can also speak to us about Critical Illness Cover and the benefits it could provide you and your family.
Alpine climbing and Life Insurance
If you are you concerned about providing for a family or paying your bills should an accident or injury (or worse) happen whilst Alpine climbing then contact us today.
Because we specialise in climbing and mountaineering you can speak to us about different rock climbing, mountaineering, trekking and ski related Alpine activities, for example:
- Alpine multi pitch rock climbing
- Alpine mountaineering
- High level hut-to -hut trekking
- Skiing and ski mountaineering
Don’t worry if you require cover for other mountain sports, just give us a call to discuss the options available for you, your climbing, your mountaineering and any other sports you pursue.
Alpine climbing insurance company
Because we specialise in climbing and mountaineering you have access to a team of experienced people at Summit Financial Services who have a long history of providing cover for those who love the mountains.
We appreciate that Alpine climbers can face a number of challenges, such as:
- Crossing crevassed terrain and crevasse rescue
- Extreme weather
- Moving at speed as a factor in safe progress
- Avalanche awareness
- Route finding
- Use of huts
- Use of technical equipment (e.g. technical axes, crampons & mountaineering skis)
If you have a question about cover, whatever your climbing level, don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Life Insurance company for Alpine climbing
At Summit Financial Services we will be happy to speak to you about many types of cover for your Alpine climbing, such as:
- Alpine climbing and mountaineering Life Insurance cover
- Mortgage Protection cover for Alpine climbing and mountaineering
- Alpine climbing and mountaineering Critical Illness Cover
- Income Protection for Alpine climbing and mountaineering
In addition, we are aware that many climbers and mountaineers maintain a healthy lifestyle to keep fit for their time in the mountains. If you keep up a healthy lifestyle and regular fitness plan, you may be interested in speaking to us about policies that are available that reward you for keeping fit and healthy (via a fitness monitoring device).
Alpine climbing Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover and Income Protection frequently asked questions
If you have any queries about cover for Alpine climbing and mountaineering then please call us on 0345 565 0937 to discover the best deal we can offer you for your climbing activities.
We will be happy to discuss a range of climbing and mountaineering related questions, such as:
- Are there any premium loadings for my Alpine climbing and mountaineering activities?
- Can I obtain Life Insurance for my Alpine climbing?
- Is Critical Illness Cover available my style of Alpine climbing and mountaineering?
- Can I obtain Income Protection with my climbing activities?
- As a climber, can I get Health Insurance or Private Medical Insurance?
How do I enquire about Life Insurance, Income Protection or Critical Illness cover for Alpine climbing?
If you enquire about Alpine climbing and mountaineering cover with us, we will take into consideration a number of factors that relate to you and your climbing.
As with any application for financial protection it is important that you declare your work, lifestyle, medical, climbing and mountaineering questions completely.
Typical life and lifestyle questions, that relate to your enquiry for Alpine climbing and mountaineering cover, may include your:
- Personal and family health history & lifestyle (for example, any smoking or alcohol consumption)
- Height (ft/cm)
- Weight (lb/kg)
- Current health conditions
We will also discuss some lifestyle and climbing and mountaineering questions such as:
- Your current occupation
- Your type of Alpine climbing and mountaineering (and any other sporting activities you pursue)
- Your climbing grades (e.g. Trad, Sport, UIAA, Scottish Winter)
- Any other types of climbing (e.g. pure water ice climbing)
- Location of climbing activities (e.g. UK and/or international)
- British Mountaineering Council, Mountaineering Scotland, Mountaineering Ireland membership
- Any participation in climbing competitions
- Current income (for Income Protection enquiries)
As part of your enquiry for cover for your Alpine climbing and mountaineering, we will also discuss the amount of cover you require and the duration of the cover you would like, including:
- The amount of financial protection you require (£ GBP)
- The duration of the policy you require (number of years)
- The type of policy you require (e.g. decreasing or level term)
Your climbing, recreational and occupational information, such as that detailed above, will help determine the premium you have to pay for your cover for your climbing activities.
Life Insurance, Income Protection and Critical Insurance cost – specialist insurance information for Alpine climbers
Even if you have financial protection in place elsewhere for your Alpine climbing and mountaineering, we will be happy to hear from you, even if only to provide you with peace of mind that cover and premiums are comparable with current market products.
Business protection for Alpine climbers
If you operate a Limited Company or operate at Director level then you may want to discuss specialist financial protection cover, for example:
- Key Person insurance for climbers and mountaineers
- Relevant Life insurance for climbers and mountaineers
- Shareholder Protection for climbers and mountaineers
How to make an enquiry for Alpine climbing and mountaineering cover
At Summit Financial Services we pride ourselves on providing climbers with:
- Personal and confidential advice
- Experienced advisers in hillwalking, trekking, climbing, mountaineering and other extreme outdoor sports
- Personal service and a quick response to your climbing questions
A Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorised company
- Easy application process conducted around your lifestyle
If you have any questions about cover for climbing and mountaineering or would like to find out more about the benefits of cover for other sporting activities then speak to an experienced adviser at Summit Financial Services today on 0345 565 0937, or to enquire online about cover, please click the link above.
As a hazardous sport, extreme sport and adventure sport specialists we exist to help those who enjoy sports to find cover that is suitable for their needs.